“The coaching model Heads-Up Performance provides is outstanding and can benefit any organization. The approach addresses all aspects of a person’s life, which is crucial to performance enhancement. Heads-Up’s involvement in different areas of the organization greatly enhanced our levels of awareness and communication.” – Mark Newman, Vice-President of Player Development, New York Yankees
Birgit’s proven track record of upgrading team performance, improving leadership and client satisfaction makes her the right choice for your next training or speaking event.
Click below to see her topic descriptions, which can be adopted
to your specific audience:
Contact Kim at [email protected] for speaking or training inquiries.
Birgit is founder and president of Heads-Up Performance, an executive coaching and consulting firm in Tampa, FL. She partners with Human Resources professionals and global leaders to co-create transformational and organizational change programs that deliver the skills to coach, build collaborative teams and manage commitments.
Birgit began her career as a Board Certified Banker at the Stadt-Sparkasse Duesseldorf, Germany and has lived and worked internationally. Before starting her coaching company, Birgit held a range of mid-level and senior positions in industry leading global organizations.
As co-author of Amazon bestselling Who Will Do What by When?, a business fable about how to improve performance, accountability and trust with integrity, Birgit’s aim is to assist leaders in creating a promise-based culture in which people value diversity, collaborate and hold themselves and others accountable for results. Her book is translated into Spanish and German. Birgit is also a student and teacher of Chinese inner strength building practices that enhance leaders’ ability to focus, make decisions and follow-through consistently.
As Director of Communications for the US subsidiary of Arianespace, a European French Speaking Aerospace consortium, she managed communications and public relations activities in the US and South America. During her 10 years at INTELSAT (international satellite organization) she was in charge of corporate and internal communications projects, including a company wide diversity intervention. Birgit is fluent in German and English and proficient in Spanish.
As an executive coach, facilitator and consultant, Birgit’s expertise in accountability has led to many partnerships in a variety of industries. Her client list includes the New York Yankees, Verizon, American Express, Invesco, De Lage Landen, Pfizer, Novartis, Gucci, Elsevier, Pepperidge Farm, Café Metro and many smaller businesses.
Academic Qualifications and Memberships:
- Master Certified Coach designation from the International Coach Federation
- Graduate of two-year Newfield sponsored program, Coaching Excellence in Organizations with Julio Olalla and Bob Dunham (former colleagues/students of Fernando Flores)
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) by The Coaches Training Institute
- Masters in Applied Behavioral Science from Johns Hopkins University
- BA in Psychology from University of District of Columbia
- Student of the Curriculum of Living, Landmark Education
- Certified to administer and interpret MBTI including Step II, V-CAS (Value-Centered Assessment Survey), TESI (Team Emotional and Social Intelligence Survey) and the Heads-Up Performance Leadership Index
- Qualified in Firo-B, LSI I and II, and various 360 degree feedback inventories
- Certified Qi-Gong instructor
- Student of psychodrama, sociometry, and improv
- Graduated from Rich Allen’s “Facilitating with the Brain in Mind”
- Sandler Sales graduate and former coach of Entrepreneurs’ Club members